Browns Bay holds several events and promotions each year to involve the community and attract visitors. The best known is the annual Browns Bay Christmas Parade and Carnival, attracting 10,000 visitors. After the excitement of the biggest parade north of the Bridge, you can enjoy live music and entertainment while the kids have fun with a variety of activities at the Carnival and have their photos taken with Santa.
Visit our ‘Activites‘ page to see ongoing things to do in Browns Bay.
Browns Bay Fishing Competition 2021
May 2, 2021 @ 6:30 am – 3:00 pm UTC+12
In association with Coastguard North Shore and the Browns Bay Boating Club, Browns Bay businesses bring you the BROWNS BAY FISHING COMPETITION on Sunday 2 May 2021. Spend the day on the water with your family in a new and sustainable way, using the ‘catch and release’ fishing technique. Recommended, but not compulsory.
All proceeds from entry fees will be donated to Coastguard North Shore Unit for the amazing work that the team of volunteers does to keep our coastlines safe.
Please leave sufficient time to register and pay your entry fee on the day at Browns Bay beach. Registration is at the Browns Bay Marine Centre, 10 Beach Front Lane. Access to the beach is via the boat ramp towards the northern end of the beach (behind the Marine Centre off Bayview Road). Members may make use of the Boating Club tractor to launch their vessels.
There are great prizes to be won, including a Yamaha 3hp outboard motor, fish smokers, fishing tackle and gear, vehicle service/repair and loads of gift vouchers. Lots of spot prizes will also be handed out at the prize giving (4pm). Winners must be present.
After prizegiving, at the Browns Bay Marine Centre, local eateries and bars will be offering event specials for dinner and drinks. Details will be available at the event.
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION
- Registration at Browns Bay beach on event day, from 5.30am
- Entry fees payable by cash or Eftpos (no credit)
- Fishing competition area is restricted to those areas on Chart 532
- Fish will be judged by length – photographic proof of evidence by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Event Committee’s priority is safe fishing, and having an enjoyable day on the water. In the event of cancellation or restrictions on the fishing area, notification will be provided by 8.00pm on Saturday 1 May, or by 5.00am on Sunday, May. A notice will be placed on the Marine Centre Door, online at www.bbbc.co.nz/event/ and on the Browns Bay Business Association and Coastguard North Shore Facebook pages. Refer to the event Rules for full details of early measure and event cancellation.
- 5.30am – Registration opens; launching permitted
- 6.30am – Lines may enter the water
- 9.30am – Launching and registration closes
- 3.00pm – Measure-in photographic evidence closes
- 4.00pm – All boats off water; winners to be announced. Winners must be present at prizegiving to win a prize.
- Adult – $30
- Children – $5 (under 14 years of age or under on competition day)
- Family – $65 (2 Adults & up to 4 Children 14 years of age or under on a boat)
- Fishing Boats NZ/Yamaha LONGEST SNAPPER
- Fish City LONGEST KAHAWAI
- GP Auto Centre LONGEST KINGFISH
- Burnsco LONGEST OTHER SPECIES (excl. shark, ray, squid, barracouta, snake and eel)
- Mitre 10 Browns Bay CLOSEST TO AVERAGE LENGTH SNAPPER
- Fish City 14U LONGEST FISH ANY SPECIES (excl. shark, ray, squid, barracouta, snake and eel)
Thanks to the generosity of our prize category sponsors, there are over $6,000 of fantastic prizes to be won. Refer to the Rules for category prizes.
Category winners and spot prizes will be announced at 4.00pm at the Browns Bay Marine Centre on Beach Front Lane. Winners must be present to receive prizes.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar